It's time to play: Khamenei or Santorum? Who said what?
Can you guess which of the two said the following? No cheating!
1. "We were put on this Earth as creatures of God to have dominion over the
2. "We believe in democracy and we also believe in freedom, but we do not
believe in liberal democracy."
3. "Although the literal meaning of socialism is equitable distribution of
wealth, it is associated with other concepts which we hate. Over time,
socialism has come to be associated with certain things in society that are
unacceptable to us."
4. "The radical feminists succeeded in undermining the traditional family
and convincing women that professional accomplishments are the key to
5. "This is not a political war at all. This is not a cultural war. This is
a spiritual war."
6. "This is a war between two willpowers: the willpower of the people and
the willpower of their enemies."
7. "Go back and read what the sirens did once you arrived on that
island.… They devour you. They destroy you. They consume you."
8. "The Iranian people's hatred for America is profound."
Answer Key: 1: Santorum, 2: Khamenei, 3: Khamenei, 4: Santorum,
5: Santorum, 6: Khamenei, 7: Santorum, 8: Khamenei
7-8 correct: Supreme leader
5-6 correct: Religious warrior
3-4 correct: Agnostic
1-2 correct: Radical secularist
0 correct: You make me want to throw up.
Thanks for playing! (Reza Aslan, Foreign Policy magazine)